Petzl I'D L - Self-Braking Rescue Descender With Anti-Panic Function
The Petzl I'D L is the most advanced rescue descender on the market. The ergonomic design allows the user to control the descent with minimal effort, while the anti-panic function prevents accidental release if a user loses control of the device. It is NFPA certified and ANSI Z359.4 certified.
- Multi-function handle allows the user to:
- unlock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
- move more easily on horizontal or inclined terrain, thanks to the button on the handle
- position himself on the rope without tying off the device
- Anti-panic function activates if the user pulls too hard on the handle: it brakes and stops the descent automatically
- Anti-error catch to reduce the risk of an accident due to incorrect installation of the device on the rope. The shape of the cam is designed to improve rope glide when ascending.
- The gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates rope installation when passing intermediate anchors
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTAPE foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
- The moving side plate locks with a screw, allowing the I’D S to be integrated into rescue kits
- Lowers heavy loads up to 250 kg (only for expert users; consult the Instructions for Use for the device at www.petzl.com)
- Min. rope diameter: 10 mm
- Max. rope diameter: 11,5 mm
- Weight: 530 g
- Certification(s): EN 341 classe A, CE EN 12841 type C, ANSI Z359.4, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC
- NSN: 4240-01-580-3054
The I’D L self-braking descender is primarily designed for rescue. It has an ergonomic handle that allows comfortable descent control. The integrated anti-panic function and anti-error catch limit the risk of an accident due to user error. The AUTO-LOCK system allows users to position themselves without having to manipulate the handle or tie off the device. Once locked, the rope can be taken up without having to manipulate the handle. The safety gate allows the rope to be installed with the device remaining connected to the harness. I’D L is compatible with 12.5 to 13 mm ropes and allows handling of loads up to 280 kg.