EOD Metal Detector
This EOD Metal Detector (CEIA CMD) consists of a search head, a control unit, a telescopic pole and an elbow support jointed together in a one-piece design. The detection head is light and the wiring is designed to be protected from any possible damage.
The one-piece foldable design allows the CEIA CMD Metal Detector to be operational in a very short time and to be carried easily everywhere.
The detector is equipped with a built-in Ni-MH battery charger which allows the batteries to be recharged (in 3 hours. max) without the need to extract them from the unit. This also allows full environmental protection of components and maximum operational speed for the user.
EOD Metal Detector SPECS:
- Power supply
- Types of batteries (2x), ANSI Standard, type C
- 1.2V Ni-MH rechargeable
- 1.5V Alkaline (LR14)
- Battery life
- Battery life at 20°C (default search program):
- with alkaline batteries: 6 hours
- with Ni-MH (6000 mAh) rechargeable batteries: 8 hours
- Battery charge indicator
- Metal alarm
- Adjustable sensitivity
- Audible alarm with adjustable volume and visual LED display (maskable with a snap-down cover)
- Search head: 350 x 140 mm
- Folded: 387 x 157 x 76 mm
- Fully extended: 1290 mm
- Carry bag: 395 x 200 x 110 mm
- Metal Detector (without batteries): 1,98 kg
- Batteries included: 2,1 kg
- Carry bag: 540 g
- Headphone: 170 g
- Storage temperature: -55 °C to +85 °C
- Operational temperature: -46 °C to +70 °C
- Meeting and exceeding the relevant environmental Standards
- Level of protection
- IP68 (IEC 529)
- Carry bag in water resistant synthetic canvas
- Set-up time
- Twenty seconds typical (batteries already in place)
- Built-in Battery Charger Power Supply
- 90-260V~ power supply adapter
- 12/24Vdc power supply fitted with a vehicle cigarette lighter plug
- External loudspeaker
- Rigid transport case
Intentionally designed to be used easily and comfortably in every working condition, the CEIA CMD can be set up for operation in less than twenty seconds.
The Metal Detector offers the best combination of functional and operational characteristics. More specifically, it provides the highest ratio between overall dimensions, detection depth and operational weight.
The length of the telescopic pole can be adjusted for operation in upright, kneeling or prone positions.
Exclusive Automatic Soil Compensation System
The CEIA CMD does not require any manual calibration; in addition, optimum sensitivity is ensured over all types of terrain due to CEIA’s Exclusive Automatic Soil Compensation System.
Localization of metal objects is optimized by an Acoustic Modulation pinpointing system aided by a Visual LED bar graph, which allows the position of the detected mass to be identified accurately.
If desired, the led bar can be masked with a snapdown cover so as to avoid remote visibility (stealth operations).
Modern Control Unit
The watertight control unit and search head withstand the most stringent environmental requirements and Standards.
All controls are within easy reach of the operator:
- Volume adjustment
- Sensitivity adjustment
- Luminous bar indicator of signal intensity
- Built-in speaker
- Main switch and spring actuated reset switch
- Battery charger status indicator
- Snap-down cover to mask the led bar indicator
- Headphone connector - RS-232 interface